Here are some keys for a successful return to activity following orthopedic injury and or surgical procedure: ⠀⠀⠀⠀
1) Inhibit excessive inflammation from developing with the utilization of cryotherapy (ice).
2) Maintain muscle twitch and or contraction by utilizing neuromuscular electrical stimulation.
3) Manage the pain spasm pain cycle with the utilization of pain medication, cryogenic agents (ice), and move into thermogenic agents (heat) after roughly 7-10 days.
4) Follow your post surgical protocol as prescribed by your physician with your physical therapist or athletic trainer.
5) Try your best to sleep as much as possible.
6) Focus on sound anti inflammatory nutritional practices. ⠀⠀⠀⠀
You'd be surprised at how quickly you begin to feel better. In my opinion you should always strive to end up in better shape after injury and or surgery than you were prior to it. It's the best way to ensure longevity to your healing tissues.